The festival of science, technology and innovation reaches its 9th edition and becomes Novum, a contest with the intention to bring all these topics to citizens of Barcelona.
The Palau de la Virreina was the place chosen to inaugurate Novum, the festival of science, technology and innovation driven by BCN Innovació. From 14 to 30 April, Barcelona will become the capital of science, technology and innovation and will be filled with activities related to this topics.
Making a graffiti with the name of the festival in Water Light Graffiti art installation, the deputy mayor of the Culture, Knowledge, Creativity and Innovation, Jaume Ciurana, has inaugurated Novum. The festival premieres name and image, but takes over nine years of science activities taking to the streets and putting it within reach of Barcelona citizens.
"We want to bring science, technology and innovation to citizens," said Ciurana during the press conference. The same idea that all speakers have insisted in during the act. From Inés Garriga, Director of Creativity and Innovation in the Culture Institute of the Council of Barcelona, to the four commissioners of the various strands of the festival, passing the famous scientist and entrepreneur, Javier García Martínez.
For nearly three weeks and in different areas of the city, there will be lectures, exhibitions, conferences, documentaries, and workshops in five main areas:
· Ciència Ciutadana. Promotes citizen participation in projects that bring science to life and its immediate surroundings. Organized by BCNLab with the scientist and researcher Josep Perelló as commissioner.
· Art i Interferències. In the hands of Josep Perelló, workshops, performances and artistic pieces that leave the scientific world and settle in the city. A unique opportunity to see how artistic expressions function as a catalyst for reflection.
· Mostra Audiovisual. A compilation of the best documentaries, many of them unpublished in Barcelona, on science and technology selected by renowned film producer Tono Folguera.
· Novum Pro. With scientific activist Paca Ciller in front is a meeting point between research, innovation, entrepreneurship and public and educational institutions to relate and create synergies.
· La Festa de la Ciència. Directed by physicist and popular science writer Dani Jiménez. The place of the festival changes this year and moves to the Disseny Hub Barcelona turning the space of Glòries into an outdoor laboratory where will be activities for the whole family.
Festival of Science, Technology and Innovation
From 14 to 30 April
- Leave a comment
- All comments