The Ignasi Iglésias-Can Fabra library in Sant Andreu will be hosting this space, which aims to promote cultural exchange between the city and the United States
Today sees the opening of American Space Barcelona, a cooperation project between the consulate general of the United States, Libraries of Barcelona and the city's Sant Andreu district.
Situated in the foyer of the Ignasi Iglésias-Can Fabra library, American Space Barcelona aims to promote cultural exchange and dialogue between the United States and the city through a programme of free activities and workshops open to the public, in which innovation and the use of cutting-edge technologies play a key role.
The American Space Barcelona programme covers five major areas:
- Promotion of teaching and learning of the English language
- Promotion of studies in sciences, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics among young people and entrepreneurs
- Academic advice on studying in the USA
- Cultural exchange between Barcelona and the USA
- Organisation of programmes relating to former interns on US State Department programmes
American Space Barcelona is part of a global network of more than 750 centres all over the world.
More information at the following link: http://ajuntament.barcelona.cat/biblioteques/bibcanfabra/ca/noticia/inauguracize-de-lamerican-space-barcelona
- Leave a comment
- All comments